Some people devote their life for others. They help others discover life. Famous Indian Spiritual Guru Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev is one of them who have inspired many people across the globe with his learning’s. Here we are sharing some of the great learning’s from the guru himself.
1) Life is not about changing things as they are. Life is about changing ourselves, our way of looking at things. Our life is the way we observe things.
What we need to change is not the content of our life. We need to change the context of our life. Even if you go to a Himalayan cave, you are still the same person, aren’t you? So, this is not about changing our world, we are changing the way we experience it.
2) We are often confused with ‘what other do and don’t do’. As a human being we should exercise our duties honestly.
As a human being, your only duty is that you grow to your full potential. If you grow to your full potential, your very way of being is absolutely useful. The best things will happen around you; there is no need for you to do any duty.
3) Whatever you do if part of your life. You can’t differentiate between personal and non-personal. Somehow they connected to each other which makes the whole life.
Your work has to be lived. And your life has to be worked at. And there is no such thing as work and life, it is life and life.
4) There are different ways to achieve things in life. Some are ethical and some are unethical. People chose their own ways to do things.
See, the objective of all business strategy is expansion. And you can expand by either conquering or embracing.
5) India has a rich cultural heritage which has given lot to the society. Our culture, values and spiritual discovery has kept us going peacefully.
India as a culture has invested more time, energy and human resource toward the spiritual development of human beings for a very long time. This can only happen when there is a stable society for long periods without much strife. While all other societies were raked by various types of wars, and revolutions, India remained peaceful for long periods of time. So they invested that time in spiritual development, and it became the day to day ethos of every Indian.
6) We are after ‘growth’ and ‘prosperity’ which is turning into greed. Growth is good if it doesn’t turn into greed.
Essentially, every human being is trying to have a larger slice of life. If he knows only money, he is thinking of a little more money; if he knows power, a little more power; if he knows love, a little more love. But if you apply your awareness and look at it, you can clearly see that you are not seeking money, property, love or pleasure; what you are seeking is expansion.
7) We need to keep our body healthy in order to keep our mind concentrated. One of the tools to do that is Yoga which has powerful ways to keep your body and mind in sync.
As there is a science and technology for external wellbeing, there is a science and technology for inner wellbeing. Yoga is an inner technology.
8) Some things are more driven by perception than logic. Everything has its own purpose.
For me, food is food, there is nothing religious about it. And my sense is we can eat anything that our system can take in naturally.
9) There are certain rules which are self-written. Few rules we make ourselves. Whether we have to be social or non-social it’s entirely an individual decides.
Every person is in some level of bondage. These are our limitations. In many ways these are self imposed. All of these are self imposed. If you can be bound by something you can also be liberated.
10) Everyone is living with stress. What how this stress has come? No matter rich or poor, powerful or weak, male or female, young or old; everyone is suffering because of stress which is caused by unfocused mind.
The problem is, you ask the chaprasi on the street, he is stressed about his job . You ask the housewife with two children – she is stressed with one husband and two children. You ask the prime minister, well, he looks stressed. The stress is about the way you are, you have not understood how to use this fantastic mechanisms – human body and mind. You have not read the users’ manual.
Background Picture Credit: Wikipedia